STA Certificate in Teaching Swimming
The course is delivered over 5 days. The STA Certificate in Teaching Swimming is tutor assessed through the completion of worksheets, schemes of work, lesson plans, lesson evaluation forms and practical teaching. In addition to this, there is an external assessment of a 30-minute practical lesson on the final day of the course.
The STA Certificate in Teaching Swimming is the perfect next step for your exciting career as a swimming teacher. If successful you will be able to teach all ages and abilities.
The STA Certificate for Teachers qualification is for anyone over the age of 16 years who may teach swimming.
As a swimming teacher, you would be responsible for planning, delivering and evaluating a series of progressive and fun swimming lessons teaching all ages and abilities. You will be able to teach a range of aquatic and safety skills such as developing swimming strokes for participation & competition. You would be responsible for ensuring the lesson area and appropriate equipment is safe and promoted good teaching and learning.
The STA Certificate in Teaching Swimming qualification is a stand-alone qualification. All our STA courses can have additional courses we offer bolted on. Please email LangleySCinfo@slt-leisure.co.uk for more information and for a personalised quotation.
• Be 16 years of age or older
• Hold the STA Level 2 Award in teaching Swimming or acceptable equivalent (Please note the Swim England Level 1 Award in Aquatic teaching is not an acceptable entry requirement)
The course covers a range of subjects including:
• Planning, delivering, assessing and evaluating swimming lessons
• Understanding of a swimmers teachers role
• Understanding the scientific and learning theories relevant to swimming teaching
• Planning, delivering, assessing and evaluating competitive swimming strokes.
• Planning, delivering and assessing advanced swimming skills..
• Understanding swimming within Education.
• Understanding the importance of health & safety requirements for an aquatic event.
• Understanding the safety requirements for advanced swimming skills.
All the trainers are fully qualified and undergo ongoing training and yearly monitoring to ensure they are teaching to the required standards. The trainers add their own personality to make first aid a fun environment to learn keeping to the structure of the course. The trainers are equipped to change teaching styles and adapt to the groups learning needs.
Our training venue, Langley Swimming Centre, is just five minutes for junction 2 of the M5 in the West Midlands. Our training room & pools are perfect for a practical and theoretical training.
Dates and Times
Further dates will be available next year.
The course is for a maximum of 12 candidates.
The course includes instructor fees, manual for each candidate to keep and certification.
A maximum of 12 students are allowed and must be a minimum of 16 years of age and a certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.
A student cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the student is suitable for that role.
Register Your Interest
Including 30 day free trial
Personal Training Gift Box
Our six-day STA Pool Lifeguard qualification is our most comprehensive lifesaving qualification. On the course, you will learn essential skills including the theory of pool lifeguarding, supervision,...