Find your inner peace with Yoga in 2018
Weight loss, a strong and flexible body, glowing beautiful skin, peaceful mind, good health – whatever you may be looking for, yoga has it on offer. As such, its benefits are only perceived to be at the body level and we fail to realise the immense benefits yoga offers in uniting the body, mind and breath. When you are in harmony, the journey through life is calmer, happier and more fulfilling.
Here are our top benefits of adding Yoga to your fitness routine.
1. Yoga for all-round fitness. The sessions will improve bodies physical strength & protection from injuries.
2. Yoga for weight loss. Desire of many ! Yoga helps here too. Sun Salutations and Kapalbhati pranayama help lose weight with yoga.
3. Yoga for stress relief. A few minutes of yoga during the day can be a great way to get rid of stress that accumulates daily - in both the body and mind.
4. Yoga for inner peace?. We all love to visit peaceful, serene spots, rich in natural beauty. Little do we realise that peace can be found right within us and we can take a mini-vacation to experience this any time of the day! Yoga is also one of the best ways to calm a disturbed mind.
5. Yoga to improve immunity. Our system is a seamless blend of the body, mind and spirit. An irregularity in the body affects the mind and similarly unpleasantness or restlessness in the mind can manifest as an ailment in the body. Yoga poses massage organs and strengthens muscles; breathing techniques and meditation release stress and improve immunity.
6. Yoga to live with greater awareness. The mind is constantly involved in activity – swinging from the past to the future – but never staying in the present. By simply being aware of this tendency of the mind, we can actually save ourselves from getting stressed or worked up and relax the mind. Yoga can bring the mind back to the present moment, where it can stay happy and focused.
7. Yoga for better relationships. Yoga can even help improve your relationship with your spouse, parents, friends or loved ones! A mind that is relaxed, happy and contented is better able to deal with sensitive relationship matters. Yoga and meditation keeps the mind happy and peaceful; and watch how your relations with those around you blossom !
8. Yoga to increase energy. Do you feel completely drained by the end of the day? Shuttling through chores, and multitasking continuously can be quite exhausting. A few minutes of yoga everyday provides the much-needed fillip that boosts our energy and keeps us fresh.
9. Yoga for better flexibility & posture. Yoga must become part of your daily routine to get a body that is strong, supple and flexible. Regular yoga practice, stretches and tones the body muscles and also makes them strong. It also helps improve your body posture when you stand, sit, sleep or walk. This would, in turn, help relieve you of body pain due to incorrect posture.