Easy Protein Pancake Recipe
With Pancake day around the corner these Banana Protein Pancakes are quick and easy to make. With only 4 ingredients this fool proof recipe is great not only on Pancake day but for breakfast anytime time of year.
What you’ll need
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 large eggs (or 4 egg whites if you’re looking to reduce calories and fat content)
- 1 level scoop (35g) Vanilla or Banana Whey Protein
- 1 level scoop (35g) oats
This recipe should make 4 x 5 inch pancakes
How to make them
1. First, pop a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and leave it to heat up. Medium heat is key here – if it begins to smoke, it’s too hot.
2. Next, add your banana and eggs to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
3. Add the protein powder and rolled oats to the blender and process until smooth. Ensure you add these after the bananas and eggs to prevent the powder from getting stuck at the bottom of the blender (no one likes a crusty blender).
4. Pour a quarter of the batter into your preheated frying pan, into a pancake around 5? wide. If you like, you can make the pancakes a little thicker – just wait 20 seconds from pouring the batter in and pour a dribble more batter on top.
5. Wait around 30 seconds (or until golden on the bottom), then use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for a further 30 seconds. Repeat until you have no batter left.
6. Top with your favourite toppings (we think blueberries are a great topping)
Nutritional Facts - Amount per serving
9 Calories from Fat
% Daily Value *
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet