Under step 2 of the government’s roadmap, adult swimming lessons unfortunately cannot take place at the moment but should resume pending government review under step 3 from 17th May. We will continue to monitor and inform our customers of any changes accordingly.
If you restarted lessons with us from 7th September 2020, please check Home Portal for your lesson day/time.
If you have not returned since March 2020 and would like to return to swimming lessons, or would like to discuss starting swimming lessons with us for the first time, you will need to be enrolled on our updated programme that adheres to all government and governing body Covid-19 guidelines. Please email the centre with the pupils name (and membership number if you have one) as well as a contact name and number, and a member of the team will be in touch to arrange your new lesson.
Haden Hill Leisure Centre Hadenhillinfo@slt-leisure.co.uk
Wednesbury Leisure Centre email@example.com
Portway Lifestyle Centre Portwayinfo@slt-leisure.co.uk
Smethwick Swimming Cenre SmethwickSCinfo@slt-leisure.co.uk
Langley Swimming Centre LangleySCinfo@slt-leisure.co.uk
Tipton Leisure Centre TiptonLeisureInfo@slt-leisure.co.uk
Please do not attend your class if you or any of your family are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. You may be asked to leave the centre and session with immediate effect by a member of SLT staff should they suspect you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
Here is a list of things you will need to know before your lesson, please read all of these points before you attend:
- Please do not enter the facility if you, or a member of your household, have or have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days or are in a situation where you should be self-isolating.
- You will be asked to leave the centre if you develop symptoms of COVID-19 whilst in the facility. If this happens, all Government guidance must be followed.
- Please maintain social distancing throughout the facility and do not congregate in groups in or around the centre. Please follow all directional signage and distance markings.
- Please use handwashing/sanitising facilities located throughout the centre and wash/sanitise your hands regularly.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, you should cover your nose and mouth with a tissue and put any used tissues in the bin. Failing this, you should cough or sneeze into a bent elbow and immediately wash your hands in all cases and avoid touching your face.
- Please bring minimal personal items into the centre.
- Only one parent/guardian to accompany swim academy member.
- Arrive in centre no more than 10 minutes before lesson begins – if you are early, please wait in your car/away from the entrance.
- Please come ‘beach ready’ and go onto poolside to de-robe.
- Be on poolside and wait in designated area 5 minutes before lesson time.
- Swimming Teacher will inform pupils of when they can move to lesson area.
- Lesson will be conducted following all covid secure measures.
- Please shower at home before and after the lesson and spend as little time in the changing rooms as possible.
- All customers are required to wear a face covering when entering any Sandwell Leisure Trust facility. This includes in reception areas, changing rooms and toilets, corridors & stairways, spectating areas and when entering and leaving fitness studios and the gym.
- If you have a medical condition which restricts you from wearing a covering, please let a member of the team know. As per Government guidelines children under 11 are not required to wear face coverings.
- Spectators must sit socially distant in designated spectator area and must not congregate in groups anywhere in the facility.
- Spectator seating is limited due to social distancing measures, first come first serve basis, no waiting in reception areas, over 8’s can be dropped off and picked up after lesson.
- Please ensure your personal details are correct and up to date on Home Portal.
- Where applicable, please clean equipment before and after use with cleaning materials provided. (e.g spectator seating)
- Toilet facilities to be used on an urgent needs basis, please ensure to have used the toilet before swimming lesson starts.
- Pupils to manage or have parent/guardian support with own hygiene and self-care such as blowing their nose, putting their goggles on, putting a swimming hat on, to reduce the need for physical contact with the swimming teacher.
- Please do not approach the swimming teacher. If you have any questions or queries, please email the centre on the addresses listed above
Select an activity or leisure centre